Brief memo about
For community organizations to prevent and reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
Reminder of the three main measures:
1. Washing Hands – Wash your hands often for 20 seconds with soap and water, or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizing liquid, foam or gel (minimum 60% alcohol).
2. Respiratory Hygiene – Cough or sneeze into the crease of your elbow or use a tissue, then throw it in the trash and wash your hands.
For more information, see the welcome box and the instructions and directives section on quebec.ca/coronavirus.
3. Social Distancing – Stay at home and go out only if necessary, e.g., to the grocery store or essential work, or to spend time outside (e.g. for a walk), maintain a distance of 2 metres with other people, avoid gatherings, isolate yourself to protect yourself if 70 years of age or older or if suffering from a chronic illness. Isolate yourself if you have symptoms (e.g. cough or fever) and call 1-877-644-4545 or 811. In addition, isolate yourself for 14 days when returning from a trip.
Addition of Important Environmental Measures:
- Put up information posters, make sinks accessible with soap and paper towels or hand-sanitizing gel, ensure the availability of tissue paper and garbage cans, space the chairs, clean the surfaces that are frequently touched, etc.
Special Considerations –
Find out how to apply these measures in various community organizations, for example by modifying activities and services or rearranging the space while taking into account the needs of the organization’s patrons and employees, as well as priority services and activities. Following are links to available documentation on this topic:
Advice for Meals on Wheels services (French only)
Main Sources of Information
Official websites of the government of Quebec with regular updates and links to various tools:
Quebec Premier’s Daily Press Conference at 1 p.m. on radio and television channels, with the Minister of Health and Social Services and the National Director of Public Health.
If you have concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19) or if you have symptoms such as cough or fever, call 1-877-644-4545 or 811.
To send an email to CISSS de l’Outaouais:
- Community Organizations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all questions concerning the health of workers and users: email@example.com
Discussions with CISSS de l’Outaouais representatives who work with communities.
For support in community organization: